Upgrade your PC with the practically universal Verto 8400GS PCI for amazing performance with support for the PCI bus.
Supports DirectX®9 and DirectX 10 for games, plus the ultimate HD movie experience with HD-DVD and Blu-ray movie playback capability.
VCG84512SPPB (Full-Size Box) and VCG84512SPEB (Compact Box)
- Bus Technology: PCI
- Memory Amount: 512MB DDR2
- Memory Interface: 64-bit
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec): 5.33
- Fill Rate (billion pixels/sec.): 9.1
- Core Clock (MHz): 567 MHz
- Memory Frequency (effective): 667 MHz
- Shader Speed: 1400 MHz
- Stream Processors: 32
- Outputs: DVI + VGA
Minimum System Requirements
- NVIDIA® unified architecture with GigaThread™ technology
- Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
- 16x full-screen anti-aliasing
- True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting
- NVIDIA Quantum Effects™ physics processing technology
- One Dual-Link DVI output supports 2560x1600 resolution displays
- NVIDIA PureVideo™ HD technology1
- HDCP Capable2
- OpenGL® 2.0 support
- NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
Included in the box
- Intel® or AMD® compatible motherboard
- At least 512MB system RAM
- A minimum 300W system power supply
- A PCI compliant motherboard
- 50MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP
- VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor
- 8400GS 512MB PCI graphics card
- Quick Installation Guide
- CD which includes:
- Detailed Installation Guide (PDF File)
- NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
- NVIDIA GeForce Demos
- PNY and NVIDIA Desktop Wallpapers
- Low-Profile bracket Kit
NVIDIA® unified architecture
Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2x the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs.
Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Support
World’s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
NVIDIA® Lumenex™ Engine
Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rates:
NVIDIA® Quantum Effects™ Technology
- 16x Anti-aliasing: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR): Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects–now with support for anti-aliasing.
Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU–all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare provides the best out-of-box experience and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs.
OpenGL® 2.1 Optimizations and Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.
NVIDIA® nView® Multi-Display Technology
Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.
Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates–up to 2048x1536@85Hz.
Dual-link DVI Support
Able to drive the industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560x1600.
Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
NVIDIA’s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface.
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD Technology1
The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
Discrete, Programmable Video Processor
NVIDIA PureVideo is a discrete programmable processing core in NVIDIA GPUs that provides superb picture quality and ultra-smooth movies with low CPU utilization and power.
Hardware Decode Acceleration
Provides ultra-smooth playback of H.264, VC-1, WMV and MPEG-2 HD and SD movies.
Designed to meet the output protection management (HDCP) and security specifications of the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats, allowing the playback of encrypted movie content on PCs when connected to HDCP-compliant displays.
Sharpens interlaced content on progressive displays, delivering a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home-theater systems.
Enlarges lower resolution movies and videos to HDTV resolutions, up to 1080i, while maintaining a clear, clean image. Also provides downscaling of videos, including high-definition, while preserving image detail.
Inverse Telecine (3:2 & 2:2 Pulldown Correction)
Recovers original film images from films-converted-to-video, providing more accurate movie playback and superior picture quality.
Bad Edit Correction
When videos are edited after they have been converted from 24 to 25 or 30 frames, the edits can disrupt the normal 3:2 or 2:2 pulldown cadence. PureVideo uses advanced processing techniques to detect poor edits, recover the original content, and display perfect picture detail frame after frame for smooth, natural looking video.
Video Color Correction
NVIDIA’s Color Correction Controls, such as Brightness, Contrast and Gamma Correction let you compensate for the different color characteristics of various RGB monitors and TVs ensuring movies are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format or display type.
Improves movie image quality by removing unwanted artifacts.
Sharpens movie images by providing higher contrast around lines and objects.